Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's the Holiday Season and i am reminded of the first Christmas i spent married. It was such a wonderful time. I had been married about 10 months and life was full of sweetness and utter happiness. I find myself wanting to feel that peace and happiness again. A dear friend over dinner the other night told me that happiness comes when you least are looking or expecting it. She is right in my mind. When we do all that we have been asked to we are blessed and those blessings bring happiness.
I am always so very happy to have the time to reflect on why it is that we celebrate this season. It is not about bright lites, pretty packages with expensive gifts. For me it is about a baby who came to earth to bring the truth to a world that needed to find its way home. I am ever thankful for the gospel and all that I know and believe to be true.
I think of the time that I spent down in Arizona. My first Christmas away from home i was a little sad but i know that I was where my Heavenly Father would have be. I was in Winslow Arizona, in Northern Arizona. (and yes i have a picture Standing on the Corner) I remember how good I felt as my companion and i went and attended to our duties. It was wonderful to feel the love of the Lord and to give that love back to all those around me.
That is what I am going to strive to do is to give others what I know they need and I know that my Heavenly Father will bless me and my family.
The school semester is dying away and only the faint glow of embers remains as I write papers and think about all I have experienced this fall. It is a blessing to be able to get an education and to know that I am doing all that is required. Keeping focused on what is truely important and not letting the little pitfalls get in the way is all that we can do somedays. I know I am blessed, remebering that when bad days come is the hard part. But thats the challenge to remain true and steadfast to all that you hold dear and beleive to be true.

No comments: